Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) - What We Do
PSAB serves the public interest by setting standards and providing guidance for the reporting of financial and other performance information by the public sector.
PSAB does this by:
- establishing independent, conceptually-based standards and other guidance through consultation and communication; and
- contributing to the development of internationally accepted standards.
In meeting its objectives, PSAB agreed to:
- Be committed to serve the public interest
- Respect and encourage input from all its stakeholders
- Bring objectivity to the consideration of issues
- Respect the ability of its stakeholders to exercise professional judgment
- Be committed to timeliness in response to stakeholder needs